Thursday, May 30, 2013

Project Metamorphosis Inspiration: Feathers Part I

The symbolism of feathers is most commonly associated with ascension and spiritual evolution to a higher plane. Native American Chiefs often wore feathers to represent their communication with the Spirit and express their celestial wisdom. Other common meanings of feathers stand for lightness, delicacy and truth.

To me, feathers represent the union between earth and sky, as the body of birds is covered in them. In other words, feathers are all about spreading our own wings and soar in life, being free to make our own choices and reaching out for our most important dreams, no matter how high in the heavens they are. They're about being light and subtle and gracious, as well as respecting all natural things within the universe and their inherent virtues, powers and wisdom.

Feathers are the second keyword behind my inspiration for the upcoming Summer collection (which is almost here!). Before I come up with some more sneak peeks, here are some beautiful images which have been helping me in my creative proccess.

(Disclaimer: Please note that I've found these images through the Internet and they are not my own; all credits go to their rightful owners.)












What do feathers mean to you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...