Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer is saying goodbye...

Image source: Tumblr (unknown author)

September has come and, however these few past days have been pleasantly sunny and warm, I can feel nostalgia taking over me already. I absolutely love Summer and I will certainly miss it in no time. I'll miss the heat and the ocean calling for me, wearing shorts and reading a nice book under the comforting sun... However, the next season is oh-so-inspiring to me. One can now notice the days going shorter and the fairies slowly painting the leaves red and gold. The time of harvest and golden woods is coming and, even though I'm a Summer creature, I admit I can't wait for stepping on crunchy leaves on the sidewalk and wear knitted sweaters and comfy boots in earthy tones.

As many people know, I am extremely and constantly inspired by Nature and Her wonderful manifestations in our physical world. As I stare at images like the one above, a thousand pictures and ideas play in my mind! I am now planning Autumn ahead and, as I wait for the results of my Master's Degree candidacy, I'm preparing Wilwarin Designs for the next few months. This is a crucial step as (considering everything goes as predicted) my Master's alone will be a huge time consumer. So, as my autumnal inspiration awakes, I've been ordering fancy new supplies and drawing pieces for my next Fall-Winter collections.


I have also been babysitting for the last couple of weeks. Taking care of my 6-year old niece makes it hard to keep working and creating in an appropriate pace, especially with such sunny days... but today the poor girl surprised me with a desire of staying home this afternoon, playing in the yard and watching cartoons, so I took a little time to finish bringing these new pretties into the world... they will be listed on Etsy later on!

Little Summer treasures from Nature to carry close to your heart! These feature a foxtail barley (Hordeum spp.) ear and a  lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) flowery stem, both hand collected and dried by myself.

Who doesn't love fairies! These glass vial necklace features capri blue fairy dust for good luck. A great gift for the dreamer girl. :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...