Monday, July 16, 2012

"Presentation is Everything"

The sun shines so brightly outside! The weather would have been wonderful around here if it wasn't for the strong, cold northren wind. It bugs me so much. But in the meanwhile - and hoping to be able to go outside later for a soothing sunbath - I've been working on many new features and items.

One of my greatest priorities right now is to develop a better and careful packing style. As international orders increase (and everyday I give thanks to that!), fondness and presentation are everything. Until today, most of my orders have been shipped in a white tissue paper wrapped organza bag, which I always tie with a friendly lavender bow. I'd also finish the paper wrap with one of my custom stickers resembling a wax seal (with a W). 

One of my Tree of Life necklaces inside a white organza bag, ready to be gifted (no shipping).

An order ready to be shipped internationally, wrapped in white tissue paper and finished with my custom 'seal', along with a 'Thank you' card.

Organza bags are pretty and really easy to find at local craftstores. But there were also a couple of times I shipped rings in these petit lilac paper card boxes I found for sale at one of my usual spots. Sadly, however, I can never find bigger boxes around here.




Despite of affectionate, I feel there is something about organza bags that simply doesn't work for me. I don't know if it is because of their fineness but sometimes I tend to also enfold the wrapped bag in bubble plastic - before I place it inside a BUBBLE wrap envelope for shipping. On the other hand, I find the little gift boxes much more secure and presentable (and also much easier to wrap and prepare for shipping). This is why I am in the proccess of changing all my packaging from organza bags to gift boxing.

Since PLAIN recycled paper gift boxes are so rare and hard to find in my country, I've decided to take a step ahead and start ordering them, at least for now. I have found this wonderful Etsy store, PaperAndPresent, which is all about packing and presentation. These are the pillow boxes and the tissue paper I've ordered, all made of kraft paper:

The pillow boxes, in small and medium size. They come flat but are extremely convenient and easy to fold.
Kraft tissue paper, 100% recycled.


So this is today's sneak peek, but I have many other plans and surprises to be revealed in due course!
Wishing a wonderful week *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...